The Village Green Veterans Memorial was originally built in 1905 and is made of pink granite stone. Many facelifts and changes have occurred over the years, most recently, the VIA had a lovely 13 foot by 30 inch granite cap from Hull Quarry added to the top of the wall to protect it from the weather. We thank Jeff Gammelin and Freshwater Brick and Stone Work for donating the cap and their time and labor to install it. In 2013 6 bronze service plaques representing the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard and Merchant Marines were added and a fitting ceremony was held to rededicate the Memorial. This was spearheaded by the Bar Harbor Historical Society and the costs for the improvements were split with the VIA.
"THIS MONUMENT IS DEDICATED TO THE MEN AND WOMEN OF BAR HARBOR WHO HAVE SERVED THEIR COUNTRY AS MEMBERS OF THE ARMED FORCES".
The stone bench in front of the Veterans Memorial was donated by the VIA in 1905 and there is an inscription on the side of the stone stating such.